The Benefits of Home Staging
The benefits of staging a home have been well documented over the past 20 years. Home staging is an effective marketing tool used to enhance the sale of property.
Today’s Market Demands More – Staging Dramatically Improves Curb Appeal
- The US Department of Housing and Urban Development claims staged homes sell for 17 percent more than a non-staged home.
- The Village Voice reported staged homes spend a 1/3 less time on the market than their non-staged counterparts.
- Statistics suggest that staged homes sell faster and for higher prices than do non-staged homes, as noted in the San Jose Mercury News.
- "Showroom homes sell for more... If sellers hope to get close to their asking prices these days, agents advise, they need to get and keep their homes in 'showroom' condition."
- San Francisco Sunday Examiner and Chronicle
- Statistics show 80% of potential buyers will view listings on the internet first and form impressions within the first 3 seconds of viewing the website.
- A properly staged home will photograph beautifully and encourage the buyer to see the property in person.
- Staging allows each potential buyer to “envision” the space as their own.
- Once at the home, statistics show the buyer will decide if they are interested within the first 30 seconds.
- Good staging defines traffic patterns and improves the flow throughout the home.
- Homes that appear to be in move-in condition are more likely to sell quickly.
- Potential buyers will stay in a staged home twice as long; thus increasing the likelihood that an offer will be generated.